Friday, January 18, 2008

here we are part two

We arrived back in Korea January 15th. Ken had been back in Texas for three weeks for the holidays and I had been in Texas for three months.


Things are pretty much the same as when I left - with a few changes.



I was greeted once again by T.Y. (the agent) with a huge bouquet of flowers.






The employees were exercising to "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands" at the grocery store.



Flower pots lining the streets had ornamental kale planted in them for winter instead of the flowers that were there when I left.




A block of cheese is now 14 U.S. dollars.


The apartments around us, as well as the Foreigner's Club, have a new coat of paint.


Our bed is still as hard as when we left it....it might actually be harder.


I still was winded walking up the hill to the apartment, but I didn't worry that I would have a heart attack like I did a year ago.

(It is still steeper than it looks though!)


We still surf the channels on the TV looking for something to watch.

We ordered fried chicken from McMurray's and they delivered it to us on a scooter the first night we were back.


I was happy to return. To return to life with my husband, to return to my painting classes, to return to my friends (however, a few have moved on sadly), and to return to everything that living in a foreign country offers. After living here for a year, leaving and returning again, I can clearly see everything that I need to take advantage of while living here. As a mentioned in an earlier post, my life is simple here. I have time to do alot of the things that I don't unnecessarily make time for while in the United States. Wish me luck in all my endeavors - I will be sharing them with you as time goes on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So great to hear from Kim in Korea again. I love hearing about your life over there - and the new pictures are wonderful.