Wednesday, November 5, 2008

in the mood

I know that I have been remiss with my blog lately. To tell you the truth, I just haven't been in the mood.

Because the weather has just been gorgeous and it was so much easier to get outside and marvel over the fall colors. Like the pyracantha berries.

And the chrysanthemums being planted in the pots along the street.

And the bright red peppers drying the sun.


And don't forget all the time I spent outside harvesting persimmons from my very own persimmon tree. Ha! Ha! Yes, I discovered that we have a persimmon tree in our minuscule backyard. I couldn't believe all the persimmons that came from this little tree. I don't particularly like persimmons, but I was excited to have the tree because persimmons (to me) are a very oriental type fruit. It just seemed fitting that I have a persimmon tree. I gave alot of them to my painting teacher.

Speaking of painting.... when I have been indoors, I seem to spend my spare time painting. I wasn't really thrilled to be painting ducks......
or tigers.

But my teacher insisted I try both of them. I actually ended up liking the ducks. But I think I am more a flower and scenery type of painter.

Anyway, we are off to Seoul for the weekend on Friday. When we get back, I think I will be back in the mood to write again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved all the pictures today. The fall colors are beautiful. And how nice to have a persimmon tree. I think there is something called persimmon sorbet Try it !!! Have sun in Seoul.

Becky said...

Your painting is fantastic!! I've just started lessons in Korean chilbo (enameling). It so much fun.

kim said...

Thanks Becky. I have been keeping abreast of your new lessons in your blog. I am so jealous that you have been able to find such different Korean crafts to learn! We are in a small town with not so many options. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

is there anything that you are not good at? if so- let me know. love you and love the paintings.