Thursday, January 25, 2007

korean hokey pokey

Ken had told me before that several times a day at the shipyard, music comes on and everyone gets up to stretch. I thought it was a pretty good idea.

The other day at Tesco (the grocery store), I witnessed it for myself. I was in the meat area of the store when everyone came from behind their respective counters and started doing movements to the music. I don't know if there is a certain rhyme or reason to the motions or if the music was telling them what to do, but they all seemed to be doing pretty much the same motions. I was dying to take a picture but I was afraid they would either think it was strange or they might be offended. After all, I was standing in amongst all of them. I looked around to see if any of the other customers were joining in, but I didn't notice anyone else but the employees taking part. I was relieved to see that since I didn't know if I was supposed to join in. After all, I didn't know all the hand motions. Ha! Ha!

Incidentally, some of the music sounded like "The Hokey Pokey".

No comments: