Sunday, January 14, 2007

shopping around

Well, the fog from all the travel has finally lifted and I feel more like myself. Since I have been here I have had Domino's Pizza (which was very good), almost finished a book, gone to the grocery store with Ken (examined everything), made spaghetti (from a jar of Classico that cost almost $5), and about died walking up the hills around here.

Everywhere you go (which you mainly walk) you encounter a hill somewhere. I have come to realize that whenever you walk down a hill, you eventually have to walk up that hill sometime or other. Okpo is not that large, I think it is around 30,000 people. But alot of the buildings are highrise apartments, so it sort of has a bigger city feel. We are nestled in a cove of sorts with mountains all around. Not Rockie Mountain kind of mountains, but mountains no less. In fact, our apartment is nestled on the side of one. So anytime I go somewhere, my last trek is upwards. Surely it will get easier over time!

Photo#1 going downhill from our apartment
Photo #2 going uphill - we are on the corner
Photo #3 our building is the middle brown one

No comments: