Sunday, March 18, 2007

pizza & pickles

We have 2 pizza places in Okpo - that I know of. They are both on the main road. There is a Mr. Pizza where you can eat in or have delivery and then we have a Domino's Pizza that is just for delivery. I had only been here a couple of days when we had pizza delivered from Domino's. In my first days of nausea when I got here, it tasted really good. Apparently Ken has their number saved on his phone and called them frequently before I got here. He has the call down pat....

large
mushrooms
olives
pepperoni
no drink
row house four one


The call rarely varies - he pauses between each of ingredients and sometimes they already know where to deliver (I guess it is saved on their computer or something). It really doesn't take too long and it always comes good and hot. I guess this is a good place to tell about our doorbell. We have 2 of these, one upstairs and one down. When the doorbell rings, the screen comes on and you can see and talk to the guy. Our place is so small, I have never talked on it, I just go to the door.
You can also push the top button and look out and see what is happening at your front door if you want (nothing to speak of usually).
When I arrived in January, Ken already had a stash of coupons from Domino's in one of the kitchen drawers. They are all in Korean but we deciphered the part of it that says 14 coupons equals 7,000 won (or a pizza worth that). Since we had 24 of these things, we decided to try and use it on our pizza. Our pizza usually costs 18,000 won so we ended up using 20 of our coupons. But we got a free pizza! For some reason we were quite excited - more so that we figured out how to do something in Korean than the free pizza.



One more little thing about the pizza delivery. It always comes with these little containers of sweet pickles, garlic dipping sauce and hot sauce. I get the sauces, but the pickles?

1 comment:

Offshore Wife said...

Hello Kim! I cannot believe you found my blog (blushing) but I did mention to HL a few weeks ago that fellow residents would come upon it eventually. This really impacts the way I blog now. I typically try not to mention anything negative or go overboard about some subjects like I use to. I have been blogging for years but this website is new and I only imported some of my old posts from the old blog. I too started here at blogger and evolved over time. I have met many wonderful ladies all over the world and met several in real life through the blogging communities. It can become addicting especially once you get a few loyal readers. Your blog looks great.

By the way, I don't get the whole "pizza & pickles" combination either.