Friday, May 25, 2007

not really about korea

This post isn't really about Korea.

It is about me.

I have discovered a world I didn't know was out there until recently. My mother introduced me to this world. She will probably cry when she reads this, but she has made me cry (with sweet tears!) with some of the pictures, cards and emails she has sent me. She is so talented in so many ways, including using the computer. She had a scanner, a digital camera and anything electronic way long before me. And she taught herself all of this. I have always been impressed with that. By the way, please look at some of her wonderful pictures on Flickr.

Anyway, she showed me the world of blogs. I knew about blogs, but I didn't know THE WORLD OF BLOGS. There is everything out there. And most importantly to me, people out there like me. People that like to make things, that like pretty things, that see pretty things in ordinary things, that like to make pretty things, I could go on and on. If you haven't already, check out some of my favorite blogs I visit. In fact, check frequently, because I add more every time I log on. These are talented and creative people that live every day to the fullest with their love of all things beautiful. I know I am gushing but this really comes from my heart. My husband works for a company that builds unbelievably mechanically engineered machines because he is an engineer. I respect that fully, but my heart and mind function a totally different way. I can walk into a shop or a home and just melt because it makes me happy. I can see some fabric and just imagine how it would look on a chair or a pillow. I could go on and on but I don't want to bore everyone with my thoughts, loves and wishes.

Actually, I wrote this blog because a friend of mine in Korea tagged me. I have read many blogs in which people are tagged and participated in swaps. I was really intrigued by it all. Finally I was tagged. Nicole tagged me. You are supposed to write 8 random things about yourself and then "tag" 8 more people to do the same. Kind of like a chain letter. The only problem is - I don't know many people that have blogs. I read alot, but I don't converse with them alot (except for Becky, who Nicole already tagged).

So I guess I will write the 8 random things about myself anyway. Anyone that reads this is free to pass it on from me....what fun! Here are the rules....
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules
3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Eight random things about me MEME
1. I wanted to teach handicapped children when I was in high school. However, I started out college as an art major and I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.

2. My absolute favorite flower is a peony but I absolutely love the smell of chrysanthemums.

3. I played the flute and piccolo in the band in junior high.

4. I do not have a middle name nor is my name Kimberly, just Kim.

5. I once won $1000.00 at a convenience store in Las Vegas.

6. I have a fear of heights.

7. I am constantly starting projects but never finishing them.

8. My husband and I had our first date on March 1, 1980 and our wedding on December 27, 1980.

There you go - me in a nutshell.

1 comment:

The Eller Family said...

Kim, I'm so glad I checked your blog tonight. I didn't realize that Nicole tagged me. Actually, i'm just now figuring out the whole tag thing. I too am new to the blog world but oh so very grateful because they helped me so much while adjusting to Korea.


p.s. Hope your toe is feeling better!