Saturday, August 18, 2007

clap your hands

So sorry that I didn't say goodbye in June! But it was such a whirlwind time prior to going back to Texas. We visited Hong Kong and Singapore, we came home for a couple of days and then I headed for Houston. More on all of that later because today I just want to enjoy being back in Okpo. Not that I didn't have an absolutely great time in Texas - but it is nice getting back to your own little "spot" in the world, albeit Okpo, South Korea for the time being.

We actually got here late Tuesday night, but jet lag has gotten the best of me the past few days. I do think that I am better today though. At least Ken had work to keep him busy this week. In fact, they had the keel laying ceremony for the first drillship this week. And he had a golf outing with some of the shipyard and company men today. It is so hot and humid here (but actually not that different from Houston). I hope it is cooler for the men today - he went to the Muju Golf Resort. It has skiing there in the winter, so he will be at a higher altitude and thus cooler. Maybe.

I, however, headed out at 9 a.m. to the neighboring town of Gohyeon to hit a favorite "dollar store" and the Tesco grocery store. I needed some more clothes hangers at the dollar store but I didn't seem to come back with any. I did come home with this cute jar. It is larger than it looks(probably 24" tall) and will look great back home somewhere.
I guess I will schlep it back in my backpack on the airplane in December!

Tesco seemed the same. Being a Saturday morning, it was quite busy. I don't think I have mentioned this before but - what is so interesting in my grocery cart? Walking down the aisles, not one or two, but numerous people seem to be enthralled in what I am buying. Being that I am in Korea, it really isn't too much different than what they have in their carts. Maybe it is the three bottles of Coke Zero (they don't have 2 liter bottles - it is 1.5 liter). Otherwise, I don't have a clue. They even had their exercise break while I was there, except the song was more like "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands" instead of the "Hokey Pokey".


Even though I didn't clap my hands, I was happy today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were happy today to see your blog again. How interesting to use the links and read about the ship's progress and then to see the beautiful golf course. Very jealous about your dollar store find.

Offshore Wife said...

Welcome back! We will see you soon.