Monday, June 9, 2008

good day sunshine


Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Not only have I been busy, but my computer has been acting up. I put Adobe Photoshop on my computer last week (no, I don't have the slightest idea of how to use it yet) and everything slowed down to a crawl. So after alot of deleting and defragmenting, everything seems to be better for the time being.

This past Friday, June 6th, was a holiday in Korea - Memorial Day.I went to painting class and Ken only worked a half day on Friday. It was a gorgeous day, so we headed to the beach for some fun in the sun. The weather hasn't been too great lately, with clouds and/or rain and we welcomed some sunshine. Ken promptly plopped down on a lawn chair we brought and I did my usual wandering up and down the beach looking for shells and sea glass. Pickings were very slow. However, there is always a plethora of other items to be found. Of course there is the usual sea life.

And evidence of the people frolicking on the beach.






Driftwood and other pieces of bamboo and wood.
Ken once made the comment "What if we were walking on the beach and found a body part, like a hand or a foot?" - don't ask me where that came from...! Anyway, how about a leg?

My next usual order of business on the beach is looking at the scenery and the people.
There were the usual young couples.








I like this mother with her phone, taking pictures of her daughter.
Note the shoes - I don't know if you can see the heels, since they are buried in the sand.





After we were significantly tanned, or burned (in Ken's case), we got in the car and drove around enjoying the beautiful scenery.
There are tons of yellow daisy-like wildflowers along the road right now.


Sorry for the picture out of the windshield, but there usually isn't enough room on the road to pull over. Speaking of taking pictures out of the car, how about the ride this cutie is getting on the back of a motorcycle?
We had such a great day on Friday, that we repeated it on Saturday and Sunday. (I think it was mainly because Ken wanted to get his tan a bit more even! LOL) On Saturday, on our drive after the beach, we stopped at Haegeumgang.
They have an observation area where you can get a great photo of the are. You can see the people walking out on the rocks. We have climbed out there in the past, but have yet to take the ferry out to the rocks. We also came across a small beach on Sunday that had some unbelievable stone work and landscaping being done.
We have no idea what it is for.
There is no building behind these steps, but maybe someday? It is very close to the point where the bridge from mainland Korea (Busan) to Geoje Island will be. With this, I have to interject a sad note. Alot of the beaches have so much trash on them. I am sure with the tide coming in and going out, it is worst at some times more than others. I am not saying that all of the trash is from people that come to the beach - it is from the sea itself.

But my collection of sea glass is growing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

KIM,BEAUTIFUL SCENERY AND BEACHES. THE FLOWERS ARE BREATH TAKING. I KNOW YOU MISS THE FAMOUS BLUEBONNETS IN TEXAS. I MISSED READING YOUR BLOG BUT UNDERSTAND WHY. WE MISS YOU AND KEN BUT FEEL SO CONNECTED THROUGH YOUR BLOG. MARY

Anonymous said...

This was so interesting and so much fun - going to the beach with you ! Loved all the pictures. The sea glass is so pretty. Kip says Hi !

Anonymous said...

this is probably my most favorite entry yet- and the lady with the heels on in the sand made me laugh. love the pictures and love hearing about your and dad's life. can't wait to see you and love your sea glass collection!

Unknown said...

Nice pictures. You're really capturing Geoje life. I actually just found your blog thanks to your comment on mine. Funny thing: that guy on the motorcycle with his dog in the basket is my friend Mike who lives just across the street. Small world. Well, small island at least.