Saturday, July 5, 2008

quick trip, quick post

We took the 5:30 p.m. ferry to Busan last night. Martin (Ken's friend, golfing nemesis, and coworker) also came along. T.Y. (Ken's friend, golfing partner and business associate) picked us up at the ferry terminal in Busan. He took us to the Commodore Hotel, where we checked in. This hotel is patterned after the Buddhist temples you see here and was quite lovely.
It is probably an older hotel, but I would definitely stay there again. We had a corner room with a little balcony and a great view of the harbor and the city. The lobby areas had some unique paintings and tile works. I really was impressed with the banister for a stairway.
- this was the head at the top.




The lobby also had a large chandelier of sorts with lanterns.



The hotel was close to our choice (but probably not T.Y.'s) of a dinner venue. We went to Outback Steak House.





After our meal, we strolled the area - I recognized it as an area I had frequented before. In fact, Ken and I had eaten there before.
The place was hopping and we went into several stores (with golf apparel) and walked down some side streets that were lined with bars, eateries and fortune tellers.











I realized that today was July 4th. No fireworks, but here are some lights.

Ken and the guys had a 5:00 tee time, but I enjoyed sleeping in until 7:30 or so. I took off walking back to the area that we had been the night before and did a bit of shopping before I met the guys at McDonald's (apparently T.Y. knows Ken very well) and we caught the 1:00 p.m. ferry back to Okpo.

Ken is taking a nap right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what cute pictures!