Sunday, July 13, 2008

haircuts

I couldn't resist one more comment about the humidity. I have touched on this subject various times but it just seems to be getting worse. I am talking about my hair. I wash and dry it and it looks okay. I am not one inch out the door and I look like a Brillo pad. In my opinion (and probably most hairdressers), I do not have great hair. It has a fine texture and really doesn't grow very fast. It has alot of wave and/or curl - that can be good at times, but not when humidity is added to the equation. I am picky about getting my hair cut, but recently I decided that I couldn't wait to return to Texas for a haircut. Coupled with the humidity, the uneven ends were just having a field day on my head. I returned to a salon here that I have been to twice since I have lived here. I couldn't believe it - she remembered my name! She actually did a good job of cutting my hair. I had learned from my two previous visits to stop her when she started to tease my hair in the back. I had looked like Jackie Kennedy and her mid 1960's hairdo when I left.

This reminds me of the dry cleaners here. I took some clothes in (and even had a little hemming job) for them to do. The man looked at the calendar and told me Friday, which was 2 days away. I stood there a minute waiting for a receipt or something. I finally asked if he needed my name or phone number and he nodded no. On Friday, I walked in, he got the correct clothing out and it was only $13.00. Kind of makes you feel special (or maybe unusual?). I guess you need to remember what you take there, in case there is a mistake.

I am leaving today for Texas for the rest of the summer. Ken will be joining me for a couple of weeks. I am so excited to see everyone and to have a bit more to do. Alot of people head out for the summer and activities slow down a bit. I have intentions of doing some posts while I am there but I guess we will see. I am going to close with a picture of the pompom trees (as I call them) getting their haircuts the other day around our apartment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wear your hair curly!!! for the fifty- ith time! hahaha so glad your home. love you

Anonymous said...

another great experience