Tuesday, September 30, 2008

just the little things

I drove to Tesco Home Plus (the grocery store in Goyheon) this morning. The key to going there is to get there when the doors first open - at 10 a.m. It also helps to NOT go on the weekend - if you have to go on the weekend though, be there early. Anyway, I was one of the first ones in and I was able to scrutinize everything a little bit more than usual. And it paid off big time. Look what I found!
I had bought the canned green beans and mixed vegetable before, but never the beans and "Rotel" tomatoes. Chili is a staple in Ken's diet, so this was quite the find. Sure, I probably paid twice the amount than I would have in the U.S., but to quote Ken's two favorite lines -

"We have to eat."
and
"What else are you going to spend your money on here?"

(I don't think the last quote is one that I live by though - I can always find something to spend my money on here!)


Like a magazine. Remember Marie Claire Maison that I mentioned in another post? Well, the cover of this one looked interesting - mainly because it mentioned Texas!




















The article on Texas didn't prove to be my highlight of the magazine though. It appartently had to do with the arts in San Antonio and Marfa.
I haven't made it to Marfa yet but I would like to.....


I got tickled thinking about some Korean visitors arriving in Marfa (population 1,887 in 2007
according to this source ). Wonder what they would think of the Marfa lights?

However, it did have an article on Tokyo that I found very intriguing. By the way, when I mention article, I don't mean that I can read the article. Everything is pretty much in Korean except for some headlines and addresses and such.




Anyway, this article on Tokyo highlighted some shops and places to visit in Tokyo.






There were several shops that looked like fun























but my favorite was this one - a Tokyo flea market maybe?
I am putting this on my list of things to do in Japan. Speaking of which, I can't believe I haven't been yet. Maybe November.

Anyway, isn't it funny how just a can of pinto beans and a magazine can make your day?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can understand the magazine thing - and I would probably buy one in any language - just to look at the pictures ! This one had a pretty cover !