Monday, March 24, 2008

korean chivalry

Since we have been here, I have spotted a somewhat curious (in my opinion) Korean way of life. I have mainly noticed it with the younger set, but I will keep my eyes open for anyone my age doing this.....mainly because I think I wouldn't mind Ken doing this for me sometimes. What am I talking about?

Men carrying women's purses for them.

You see alot of men carrying what I would call "manbags". But this is actually them carrying their girlfriend's/wife's/fiance's/friend's purse. While we were in Seoul last weekend, I was able to capture a few photos of this phenomenon. They were quickly taken on the sly and in a hurry, but I think you will be able to grasp what I am talking about. Click on the picture if you want a better view.


Pretty interesting with this cute little green number. And look, he has his manbag with him too.

Now we are talking! How about that silver bag?

This is my favorite. He is able to carry his and her purses on the same shoulder!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great custom. I love all the pictures !