Monday, April 7, 2008

pink snow


I guess I didn't have enough of the cherry blossoms. On Sunday, I took a drive along the road to the shipyard to take some pictures to show you that we have a goodly amount of cherry blossoms in our area.

Cars were lined up along the road with people taking pictures of their children/boyfriend/girlfriend/etc. alongside the trees.


Ken was off playing golf, so you won't see any of me in these pictures!! One thing I noticed though - the bark of the trees is very dark, almost black. It makes for such a contrast to the light pink flowers of the trees. There are no leaves on the trees at this time - only blossoms. I don't know if pictures do it justice though. If you don't usually click on the pictures to see it close up, do it this time.

But alas, good things have to come to an end. It rained last night and alot of the blossoms were on the ground this morning. It looks like it snowed pink petals. There were little children gathering the petals up and throwing them like they were snowballs out of my window. I grabbed my camera and went onto the balcony, but they had unfortunately headed home.



By the way, I ended up not moving from the row house to the apartment. I decided that I liked to walk out my front door to the outside instead of a hallway. Enough said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures - it does look like pink snow !