Friday, March 20, 2009

one more (and probably my last) spring in korea


Yes,this is my third springtime in South Korea. (I had some difficulty in coming up with a title for this post because of that. After "spring has sprung" and "spring again", what do you say?) I love spring. It is funny, but the weather in Okpo is very similar to the weather in the northern part of Texas. Spring usually arrives in March and April after a short winter. That being said - we still can have cold weather during that time! (Why is the weather always cold, windy and/or rainy on Easter Sunday?) Anyway, I like to see the transitions of all the flowers and trees during the springtime. One day you will see a few buds
- in the next few days, it will be in full bloom.


I know I have had previous pictures of the Japanese magnolia trees
here and here, but I couldn't resist a few more this year.


Some of the cherry blossom trees have also started blooming. I may be wrong, but I will bet that they all will be in full bloom in a week or so.


This tree is at the entrance to the trail up the mountain. Notice that even all the trees on the mountain still are not green. The light yellow-green leaves in the foreground are willow trees.



I also caught some photos of wildflowers blooming on the hillside. On Monday, I went on a drive to some sites close to here with a
fellow blogger. She is an American living in Singapore with her husband and he was coming here for work related reasons. She was doing some research on Busan and came upon my blog. It was a post where I had a photo of my husband - she showed it to her husband and he realized he knew my husband. Small world of ours, isn't it? Anyway, I enjoyed meeting her and spending some time with her. The bad part of it is that she is a "real" photographer with a "real" camera - since I have looked through her viewfinder, I realized that I might want to upgrade.
We will see.

1 comment:

cajunsis said...

Your pictures are perfect ;-) I really enjoyed our time together - thank you for showing me around. You are a great tour guide.

We left 2 days after the rain. While it was raing, I told Steve the cherry blossoms would pop within a couple of days - they started before we left. Absolutely beautiful. I am glad you are enjoying them.